LUMS Center for Entrepreneurship Selects 7 Startups for its Foundation Program
According to the press release 7 startups successfully made it to the Foundation Program at LUMS Center for Entrepreneurs.
Every year LUMS hold a experimental development program where the young business men are invites to learn and improve their skills under the name of LUMS Center of Entrepreneurship.
This year when it was announced hundreds of participants dropped their application via website or visiting the office.
The applications were observed very carefully. Participants were called for interviews and were judged and after the discussions between the Foundation Council members, which is an elite, independent panel of business leaders.
LUMS has selected the following 7 startups for its 7th batch of foundation program.
The startups that made it to the seventh batch include:
1) Spry: a social network which enables users to find professionals around them by their skills set and profession,
2) Paycard: an innovative, cashless and contact-less payment mechanic which works via an NFC card,
3) Stafflex: is a recruitment and applicant tracking system for the recruitment agencies in the Gulf countries and overseas employment agents in Pakistan,
4) Lotech: a centralized control automation system that creates communication between all aspects of a house or a firm,
5) Filter Straw: aims to provide pure water anywhere, anytime through innovative solutions,
6) TechMite Solutions: provides cleaning services by using robots,
7) AeroFly UAS: provides complete unmanned aerial systems for the agricultural survey and surveillance.
The contract was signed at prestigious ceremony that was held at LUMS. The contract was signed between the startups and the Vice Chancellor of the LUMS, Dr. Sohail Naqvi.
Dr. Naqvi took the stage to say,
“We are proud to be supporting entrepreneurs from not only LUMS and Lahore but other universities and cities including Sialkot, Islamabad, Rahim Yar Khan and Sargodha. I encourage all of you to work hard, persevere and stay committed to your dreams. Success will follow.”
Syeb Babar Ali also graced the event. he is the Pro-Chancellor of LUMS. He congratulated the startups and has wished them a very good luck.
Khurram Zafar the Executive Director at LCE also said,
“This cycle has an increased focus in product-based startups, which was an encouraging sign. It was heartfelt to see the entrepreneurial spirit and all the brilliant innovations during the meetings, I encourage startups who weren’t offered a place in the program to continue working on their business ideas and do not give up on their hard work.”