Intel announced National Science Fair, 2016’s winner. The winners announced are soon going to be part of International Science and Engineering fair in California as representatives of Pakistan. Intel National Science Fair was grand competition of pre-college students from all over Pakistan.
The occasion was blessed with the worthy presence of successful personalities who have served the nations as educationists for years like Dr. Manzoor Hussain Soomro, President ECO Science Foundation, Islamabad, Dr. Moeen Uddin Ghauri, from COMSATS Institute of Information Technology, Dr. Aasim Yusuf, Chief Medical Officer, Shaukat Khanum Cancer Hospital & Research Centre and Dr. Azhar Hassan, Chairman Scientific Review Committee.
There were about 96 projects contributed by 196 students from every part of Pakistan.
After analyzing and judging all the participants the best projects were selected. The best and most deserving projects were awardes prizes.
Winners of the National Science Fair have qualified to compete in the International Science & Engineering Fair, showcasing their talent on an international platform for over $5 million in prizes and scholarships. The Intel International Science and Engineering Fair (Intel ISEF) is going to take place in Los Angeles, California in May, 2017.
Here is a list of winners of two categories.
Grand Winners – Intel Sponsored Projects:
- Mujtaba Sajjad Kamani from Aga Khan Higher Secondary School, Karimabad, Karachi,
- Sadia Qadir from Punjab Daanish School (Girls) Hasilpur,
- Hassan Rizwan and Mansoor Ahmed from Pak Turk International Schools and Colleges, Gulistan-e-Johar, Karachi
Grand Winners – Self Sponsored Projects:
- Haseeb Ahmad from Aga Khan Higher Secondary School, Karimabad, Karachi,
- Shahzaib Ejaz from Pak Turk International Schools and Colleges Lahore,
- Arqam Ali Khan from Islamabad Model College for Boys,
- Liaquat Ali, Ahmad Hassan and Naeem Hassan from Daanish Higher Secondary School, Chishtian
No doubt Pakistan has appreciable talent. By providing such platforms it will increase their confidence and they would be able to show their skills fully. New generation is born with key to success; they just need to find the correct door.