It is decided that the 29th South Asian Network Operators Group (SANOG 29) conference will be held on 23 January, 2017 to 30 January, 2017 at HEC Headquarters in Islamabad.
Pakistan Telecommunication Authority (PTA) and Higher Education Commission (HEC) have joined hands along with Pakistan Education & Research Network (PERN) to host this session of Sanog 29.
The SANOG Fellowship Program brings together the talent that is associated with internet from any of the following domains:
- Engineers (Network Builders)
- Technology Decision Makers
- Educators and trainers
It is going to be 8 day event with lots of sub-events like conference and workshops.
The detail of the event is as follows:
Call of Papers:
It is a program where 3 days are decided for conference and the other 5 days are dedicated for workshops.
The two days of conference session will have total 6 rounds. It will be general meeting, talks and presentations regarding internet operations.
The topics are revealed and it has been guided that the presentation should not exceed the time limit of 25 minutes.
Presentations are anticipated to be no longer than 25 minutes and with relevant technical content.
- Network Operations
- Routing in the IP Core, BGP, MPLS, IPv6
- Data Center, Switching Technologies, Virtualization
- Security, IDS, DoS mitigation
- Internet Exchange Point, transit & peering
- Internet of Things
- DNS, DNSSEC
- ccTLDs, gTLDs IDNs
- Any case studies or learning associated to operational technologies that you want to share with the community
They are open to new ideas, theme and topics. So you can suggest them something of interest.
Some important things to remember are:
- Call for Papers is now open
- Date for Proposals: 2nd January 2017
- First Round – 15th December 2016
- Second Round – 9th January 2017
- Onsite registration will be available till 15th of January
Venue & Time of the Event:
- Date: 23-01-2017 – 30-01-2017
- Opening Hours: 9:00-16:00
- Venue: HEC Headquarters, H-9/4, Islamabad, Pakistan
Go ahead and learn as the major objective is educational interaction.
For more details visit the Sanog 29 website: http://www.sanog.org/sanog29/