Google Launchpad Accelerator now open to Pakistani startups
Google has open up the Launchpad Accelerator platform for to interact with the developers who with all the efforts are trying to solve the technology problems and sorting out major challenges all around the world.
It has opened the doors for the developers who have been streamlining digital commerce across Africa, providing access to multimedia tools that support special needs education, or using AI to simplify business operations.
The joined efforts are leading to the great opportunities and fruitfully the results are evident. The program launched is now open for its next class and it has offered more countries to join in. The list of countries who have been offered to send their developers for the new class of program is shared below:
- Asia: Bangladesh, Pakistan, Sri Lanka & Myanmar
- Central and Eastern Europe: Estonia, Romania, Ukraine, Belarus & Russia
- Latin America: Costa Rica, Panama, Peru & Uruguay
- Africa: Algeria, Egypt, Ghana, Morocco, Tanzania, Tunisia & Uganda
There are countries who are already the part of the running Google Launchpad Accelerator program. These countries include Argentina, Brazil, Chile, Colombia, Czech Republic, Hungary, India, Indonesia, Kenya, Malaysia, Mexico, Nigeria, Philippines, Poland, South Africa, Thailand, Vietnam and the Czech Republic.
The deadline for the application submission is October 2, 2017, at 9 PM Pakistan Standard Time. After reviewing the applications the developers will be shortlisted and selected. These shortlisted developers will be than called to Google Developers Launchpad Space in San Francisco for 2 weeks of all-expense-paid training.
What are the benefits?
It is the best platform to interact will the people o mutual interests. This will help widen the imagination and develop skills. It will bring an opportunity to interact with the expert mentors from top technology companies and VCs in Silicon Valley. The participants work closely with Google under observation of experts throughout their stay.
Hear from some alumnus about their experiences here.
What does Google look for when selecting startups?
There are always certain criteria of selection. Google Launchpad Accelerator has those criteria as listed below:
The criteria for the startups is that they must:
- Be a technological startup.
- Be targeting their local markets.
- Have proven product-market fit (beyond ideation stage).
- Be based in the countries listed above.
Google Launchpad Accelerator also checks the nature of startup. It is interested in knowing:
- The problem you are trying to solve. How does it create value for users? How are you addressing a real challenge for your home city, country or region?
- Does your management team have a leadership mindset and the drive to become an influencer?
- Will you share what you learn in Silicon Valley for the benefit of other startups in your local ecosystem?
Google plays a vital role n daily life of people and it has always looked forward to bring technological revolution ans thus is determined in its aims.