To recognize young talent and potential the World Bank Group has introduced Young Professionals Program. The program aims to highlight the hidden talent and leadership potential. The YPP program is now open for applications and the authorities will stop accepting applications on 28th of July this year.
The program is organized to promote the people who are experts in fields such as WBG technical/operations such as economics, finance, education, public health, social sciences, engineering, urban planning, agriculture, natural resources and others.
Over the time it has been introduce it has been able to hire round about 1,700 people. These people were from entry-level to vice presidents and managing directors. This is an effective way to get familiar with the policies and operations of World Bank.
The group has set up a special criterion for the willing applicants. If someone wants to join the Young Professional Program, they need to fulfill the requirements to join the program.
You should at least have:
- Citizenship of a member country of the World Bank Group
- Be born on or after October 1, 1985
- A PhD or Master’s degree and relevant work experience
- Fluency in English
- Full proficiency in one or more of the WBG’s working languages. Arabic, Chinese, French, Portuguese, Russian, and Spanish is desired but not required
- Specialization in a field relevant to the WBG Technical/Operations such as economics, finance, education, public health, social sciences, engineering, urban planning, agriculture, natural resources, and others
- At least three years of relevant professional experience related to development or continued academic study at the doctoral level