A team from Pakistan is going to participate in the Rice Business Competition. The competition is planned to be held in Texas, USA, on 6th of April. The two days event will last on 8th April. Smart Bandage Startup has come up with an idea of developing a wearable sensor that is featured to heal the wounds.
They can win the award by votes. So if you all vote for them, they have high chances of winning the awards. The Smart Bandage is a way of introducing technology once again in medical field. The sensor is attached to a bandage that will receive the stimulus and send signals to medical staff on the right time via mobile messages.
We must not forget to mention that these bandages are disposable and very reasonable. These can detect body changes like Ulcer formation, Infection, Oxygen, Pressure, Temperature, Humidity, Blood glucose levels to help doctors take timely decisions.
To vote for team Pakistan you just need to click on the link provided below. If you want them to win the prize and make everyone who belongs to Pakistan proud then vote now: https://poll.fbapp.io/2017rbpc
About Team Smart Bandage Startup:
The competitive team of Smart Bandage consists of highly educated, experienced talented and innovative people. These include:
- Professor Atif Shamim: He has done PhD from Electronics Carleton University. His achievements include being inventor in 7 US patents. He has written 50 publications and he is unbeatable in field of wireless micro-antennas.
- Waqas Khan: He is from the Student University of Waterloo and his specialization is in commercializing technologies & product development. He has been part of various multinationals from broadband to telecommunication industries based in Europe, UAE, & Pakistan and has successfully launched 4 startups.
- Mian Talha Nasruddin: Head of Digital Channels & Partnerships at Jazz carrying a rich experience of customer insight generation he specializes in digital payments and has launched multiple brands over his career. He recently launched the largest incubation center in Pakistan where he is currently heading the JazzXLR8 program. He is also a serial entrepreneur with 3 successful business launches to date.
- Mohammed Fahd Farooqui: He did his MS and PhD in Electrical Engineering in Texas A&M University USA and KAUST respectively. His area of interest is inkjet and 3D printed wireless sensors for biomedical and environmental applications. He is currently the inventor on 2 US Patents.
- Sohaib Imran Rana: He recently joined the team is a multi-faceted professional with 8 years of experience working in international environments KSA, USA, & Malaysia he is currently handling Marketing & Business Development.
The competition is recognized as the largest competition for the graduate from all over the word. Rice Alliance for Technology and Entrepreneurship holds it every year to recognize the efforts by startups and graduates.
RATE is the Rice University’s internationally-recognized initiative devoted to the support of entrepreneurship, and the Jesse H. Jones Graduate School of Business. Since 17 years the competition is held every year. Initially it started with the 9 teams who competed f $10,000. Now the situation is that 49 teams are competing for the prize money of $ 1.5 million.
We wish the Team Smart Bandage Startup a very good luck.